While closing is very definitely a beginning, it can feel like a bit of an end. It usually takes 30 to 45 days to close on a home from submitting your initial mortgage application. During that time, your bank will review your application and approve it, and go through the underwriting process. You put in your offer, and it is accepted. So, what happens on closing day itself?
- Seven Activities for Kids to Make the Most of Summer at Home
- The Ins and Outs of Construction-to-Permanent Loans
- Why Fall is the Best Time to Buy a House
- Which Arlington Neighborhood Should You Live In?
- Pre-Qualifying for a Home Purchase - What You Need to Know
- Condo or House? Questions to Ask Yourself to Make the Right Decision
- Top 10 Mistakes Made by First-Time Home Buyers
- Creating Your Ideal Work-from-Home Environment
- Funding for Remodeling Parts of Your Home
- I’m Ready to Buy a Home. What is the First Step?
- What Does Escrow Mean? What You Need to Know About Escrow to Buy a House
- Jumbo Loans
- Why now is the perfect time to save for a home
- Dealing with your Mortgage Payments During a Furlough or Layoff
- What is a Mortgage Forbearance Agreement?
- How to Properly Sanitize and Disinfect Your Home to Kill COVID-19 Germs
- The Economy Now: COVID-19
- Three Things to Consider When Determining How Much House You Can Afford
- 4 Tips for Retaining The Value of Your Home
- A Checklist For The First Time Home Buyer
- 4 Key Factors to Consider When Building Your Own Home
- What is it Really Like in a Day in the Life of a Loan Officer?
- All About Being A Mortgage Loan Processor
- What is the Maximum Amount you can Borrow for a VA Loan?
- Top 6 Benefits of Living In a Condo vs an Apartment
- 2020 is a Year of Major Changes to VA Home Loans
- How to Start Saving for a Home in the New Year
- Six steps to prepare for a mortgage pre approval
- What is the debt-to-income ratio to qualify for a loan
- Benefits of Going with a Direct Lender with In-House Loan Processing and Underwriting vs a Mortgage
- What Are the Hidden Costs of Buying a Home in DC?
- What is a Cash-Out Refinance and How Can it Help You?
- What is the Difference between Homeowners Insurance and Title Insurance?
- 5 things you should know about moving to Washington DC
- 7 Things You Must Prioritize When Buying a House
- What do Loan Officers Look for When Pre-qualifying You?
- How Long a Gap in Employment is Too Long?
- What Is An Appraisal Waiver And Is It Right For Me?
- Home Buyers Guide to Working with a Realtor
- Why Do People Refinance Their Home?
- What Does 100% Financing Mean in 2020?
- DC Open Doors Program Updates 2019
- Can an Underwriter Deny a VA loan?
- What are Closing Costs and How Can You Prepare for Them?
- Who qualifies for a VHDA loan?
- Can I Purchase a Home with Little to no Credit?
- You Refinanced Your Home - Now What?
- How to Become a Top-Performing Loan Officer. Part 1
- How to Become a Top-Performing Loan Officer. Part 2
- What is Refinancing?
- Why Should You Refinance Your Loans?
- When Should You Refinance Your Loans?
- What are Adjustable-Rate Mortgages?
- Checklist to Find the Perfect Home
- How Long Does it Really Take to Buy a Home?
- Advice on Disputing Errors on Your Credit Report
- How to Buy Your Dream Home Before You Sell Your House
- Richmond, Virginia: A Great Place to Live, Work, and Play
- 10 Mistakes Owners Make When Buying a Home
- What Is A Pre-Qualification?
- Difference Between a Lien and a Mortgage
- What is a Non-Conforming Mortgage?
- What is Mortgage Insurance?
- How to Buy a Fixer-Upper AND Have Enough Money for Renovations
- Understanding Mortgage Forms: Verification of Rent
- What is a Non-Qualified Mortgage Loan?
- Mortgage Pre-Qualification vs. Pre-Approval
- 10 Reasons to Move to the DMV
- What Are The Different Types of Home Loans?
- What is a Construction Loan?
- Should You Buy A Fixer-Upper or Move-In Ready?
- What Does a Loan Officer Do?
- What is the DC Open Doors Program?
- Is it possible to apply for a home loan without a W-2?
- How to Become a Loan Officer
- The Importance of Speaking with a Loan Officer on Your Home Buying Journey
- What is an Over-inflated Appraisal and How Does it Affect Home Buyers?
- How to Prepare for Your Home Purchase
- Can Subordinate Financing Help You Reach Your Dream of Home Ownership?
- Can You Purchase a Multiple Home Property With an FHA or a HomePossible Loan?
- How Amazon Moving to the DC Metro Area Will Affect the Housing Market
- What is EAHP? How Can it Help You with Homeownership in D.C.?
- Reasons to Become a Landlord
- What Could Affect Your Mortgage Interest Rate? Part 2: Personal Factors
- What Is an Appraisal and What Does it Mean for You?
- 5 Questions All Listing Agents Should Ask Lender's About The Buyer's Pre-Qualifications
- 4 Reasons Now is the Right Time to Refinance Your Home
- Making Sure Your Tax Return Leads to a Smooth Home Buying Process
- Three Most Important Numbers to Consider for a Mortgage Application
- What Could Affect Your Mortgage Interest Rate Part 1?
- What is a Certificate of Eligibility and do I need one?
- Ready to Buy: Should it be a Condo or Home?
- Top 8 Reasons to live in the DMV
- Tips to Improve your Credit Score
- What Does Loan-to-Value Ratio Mean for a Mortgage?
- What You Need to Know About Home Equity Lines of Credit
- Understanding Mortgage Points and Why They Matter
- What's a "Final Walk-Through" and Why Is It Important?
- Understanding the Difference Between Rates and APR
- How Much Does Closing a Mortgage Really Cost?
- 5 Tips for Furnishing Your Home the Smart Way
- What Is A Mortgage Credit Certificate?
- How To Find A Good Home In The Right School District?
- 9 Benefits of Owning a Vacation Home
- What Are Government Mortgage Loans?
- Options For Affording A Down Payment On A Home
- What Are Conventional Mortgage Loans?
- Owning vs. Renting: The 5 Benefits of Home Ownership
- 6 Reasons Why Summer Is A Great Time To Buy A Home
- Am I Too Young To Buy A Home?
- Steps For Buying Your First Home
- Understanding Your Closing Costs
- Do I Need A Good Credit Score To Get A Mortgage?
- What the Increase in Interest Rates Means for Mortgages
- Apps and the Mortgage Process: Should I Talk to a Mortgage Lender?
- Owning a Vacation Home: Investing in Your Future
- How to Get Your Home Ready for Spring
- What is a Real Estate Assessment and How Does It Affect Me?
- 5 Things You Need to Know About Transfer Taxes
- The Financial Do's and Don'ts of Buying a Home
- Refinancing Now Can Be a Good Investment After Tax Reforms
- 5 Reasons to Finance with a Private Mortgage Lender
- 8 Perks of Owning Versus Renting a Home
- 7 Great Types of Programs For First Time Home Buyers
- What is a Bridge Loan and Who Should Get One?
- 5 Best Tips for Managing Your Money in 2018
- Top Tips When Shopping For a New Home
- Things you Need to Know Before you Freeze your Credit
- How Might Proposed Tax Reforms Affect Housing Markets?
- Home Preservation Tips for the Harsh Winter Months
- Store Credit Cards: What You Need to Know
- Do I need Flood Insurance Or am I Already Covered?
- Moving? Check Out Potential School Districts
- Recently Engaged? Here's How to Begin Budgeting as a Couple
- Alexandria's Heart - Enjoy Old Town
- The Significance of your Credit Rating
- What to Consider When Refinancing Your Home
- How to Save Up for Your First Down-Payment on a House
- Home Refinancing: What Is It and What Can It Do for You?