Even though most people think about driver's license centers when they hear about the DMV, it is also a name given to the area of Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC. Though most people can't imagine living anywhere near DC due to the traffic, there are many reasons why it is a great place to live.
Here are some reasons to love living in the DMV.
1. Washington DC has so many things to do. Millions of tourists visit Washington DC every year. Not only are they looking at the breathtaking views of this city, but there are also famous monuments to see and museums that you can't find anywhere else!
2. Old Town Alexandria is also a good tourist spot. In fact, many rate it is as the most romantic city in the world. It allows tourists and locals to feel like they are back in time.
3. There are many concerts and festivals held in the DMV. Since the location is central to a lot of people, it is a common area for musicians to show off their skills. Many skilled artists of all genres can come to the Verizon Center, Nats Park, Jiffy Lube, Merriweather Post Pavilion, and more.
4. The cherry blossom festival is one event that you can't miss! In fact, it is one of the most popular tourist events of the year! Many come to Washington DC to see (and take pictures of) the pink trees along the water.
5. The DMV allows residents to experience all four seasons. If you live in the Maryland and Virginia area, you are going to have all sorts of weather. You will get to have rainy springs as the weather warms up and beautiful summer days. You will even get to watch the leaves change color as the temperatures drop. Many people even enjoy seeing snow in the winter.
6. It is close enough to vacation, no matter what you are hoping for. There are many different vacations available within a short drive. In a few hours, you could be at multiple amusement parks, the beach, or even the mountains. If you prefer to vacation in a city, you can go to several big ones, including Baltimore, Wilmington, Philadelphia, or even New York!
7. The people who live in this area are very diverse. You will be able to experience people from all different backgrounds. You will be able to learn about different cultures and religions, without going too far from home.
8. The same could be said about the neighborhoods. Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC offer homes that will work for everyone. Within any distance, you could live in a big city, a small one, a suburb, or even a farm.
Though many can't imagine living in the Maryland, Virginia, or Washington DC area, there are plenty of reasons why it can be a great place to call home. If you live in or near DC, there are many monuments and museums to visit. You also can't miss the cherry blossom festival. It is just so breathtakingly beautiful. Old Town Alexandria is also nearby, and it is like taking a walk back in time!
It is also a central location. Many musicians play at the multiple venues littered throughout the area. It is also close enough that you could vacation in a big city, the beach, or the mountains. Wherever you want to go, you should be able to get there in just a few hours!
Many people also love the area because it is so diverse. You can meet people from all religions and cultures. You can learn about different lifestyles. You can also live how you want. The DMV offers city, country, and suburb living so you will be sure to find the perfect home for you and your family!