Despite being smaller than other Northern Virginia towns, Chantilly is ranked one of the most secure and best places to live in America. This small town in Virginia has a population of nearly 25,000 people and is praised by many for its beautiful homes, growing job market, convenient amenities, and top-rated schools.
Besides that, this culture-rich town makes a great spot to drive out to when you have some free time over the weekend as it offers a plethora of outdoor activities and diverse and fascinating historical landmarks and landscapes. Here are some of the things that make Chantilly the ultimate destination, whether it's checking it out for a few hours or putting down roots for a lifetime with your family.
Popular Things to Do in Chantilly
As home to some historical landmarks and tourist attractions, Chantilly has a lot to offer for all age groups. If you're considering visiting Chantilly on your next weekend off, here are some cool spots to see:
- The Sully Plantation is undoubtedly among the best things to do in Chantilly. If you love history, a visit to this site will give you a fascinating glimpse into what life was like on an 18th-century plantation. For a memorable experience, you should opt for a guided tour and make the most of your outing.
- A short drive from the Sully Plantation is the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center. Here, you get to learn exciting information about the country's aeronautical history and access to perfectly preserved exhibits, including the Enola Gay and Discovery space shuttle. It's very popular amongst children and adults alike, providing an experience with educational as well as entertainment value.
- At the intersection of Routes 28 and 50, there are lots of great retail shops, restaurants, and entertainment joints where you can go for an evening dinner, shopping, or a night movie at the Airbus IMAX Theater. For a fun-time with the entire family, head over to the Monster Mini Golf.
- If you love hiking and other outdoor adventures, Chantilly has plenty of pleasant parks with fantastic trails where you can catch a glimpse of some of Virginia's wildlife and blooming nature.
- Chantilly also hosts multiple community events throughout the year. These events make great fun family experiences involving arts and crafts, dance, fashion, live music, games, and cuisine. Chantilly is home to people from a wide range of cultures and backgrounds, so there are always new things to learn and experience.
Housing Options in Chantilly
Chantilly's tremendous growth and prosperity over the past few years make it one of the best cities to live in Virginia. Most of Chantilly's residents live in their own homes. The average home price in Chantilly is about $484,700, however the prices range to adjust for the size and style of the home your family may want or need.
Popular housing options in Chantilly include duplexes, single-family homes, townhomes, and condos. If you're looking to relocate to Chantilly with your family, your best option is to look into buying a single-family house or a townhome.
The city is only a few miles away from Dulles International Airport, making it an extremely convenient place to live if you live a jet-setting lifestyle, or if your job requires you to travel frequently. The area surrounding the airport is well-kept and well developed, and only continues to develop into a mini-metropolis. Living in this city gives you a suburban feel and convenience to parks, restaurants, and coffee shops.
If you're moving to Chantilly with your family, you should be comforted with the knowledge that the city has some of the top-rated public and private schools in Virginia where you can enroll your kids. Chantilly falls under Fairfax County, which has been recognized year after year as one of the top public school systems in the nation. With a population producing students who end up going on to become college graduates, plus lots of great-performing public schools, Chantilly offers a favorable environment for academic success.
The town has a total of nine private schools and ten public schools. There is one teacher for every 13 pupils, one counselor per 324 students, and a librarian to serve 402 children. Chantilly's top-notch school system makes it an ideal city for families with children.
Chantilly is also a superb place to live for young professionals looking for lucrative job opportunities due to its growing economy and the broad job market. Chantilly's job growth has been positive, as it has increased by an estimated 8.1 percent over a period of ten years.
The city has a remarkably low unemployment rate of only 2.3 percent, which is lower than the country's 3.7 percent. The job market is anticipated to increase to up to 36.7 percent over the next ten years.
Chantilly's residents earn an average household income of about $119,615 per year and an estimated $123,554 a year as the median income for a Chantilly's household.
Find the Perfect Place to Live in Chantilly, VA
First Savings Mortgage has been in business for over 30 years, and our loan officers know all the areas of the DC Metro area very well.
So, if you're looking to move to Chantilly, VA but don't know where to start, reach out to any of our local loan officers to begin your home search journey.
Our loan officers will also be available to answer any questions you might have regarding your move to Chantilly.