First Savings Mortgage Corporation (FSMC) has been serving the Washington DC metropolitan area since 1989. Our mission is simple: we are committed to the dream of homeownership. FSMC Loan Officers represent the most productive and experienced sales force in the mortgage industry with average annual volumes exceeding $40 million, over three times the industry average. FSMC's personalized service is backed by the most advanced technology available in the mortgage industry today. Through automation, we hope to simplify the process and reinforce our goals of precision, efficiency and privacy.
Provide financial guidance to customers to determine appropriate loan program through a discussion of short and long term goals. Maintain contact with customers and communicate effectively throughout the loan process in order to deliver exceptional service and gain the trust of our customers and referral partners.
- Generate loan volume through various marketing efforts and channels
- Cultivate relationships with Agents, Title Attorneys, Builders, Accountants, Financial Planners, etc.
- Communicate with clients, referral partners, operations to ensure smooth and efficient process
- Monitor Market conditions for current and past customers and identify business opportunities
- Analyze and verify loan applications (income, asset, tax returns, etc.) to determine credit worthiness and identify potential concerns
- Ensure loans meet Federal and State requirements
- Manage loan pipeline effectively
- Monitors industry news, market changes and current events that may impact the Mortgage industry
Experience and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3 Years of mortgage banking experience preferred, or proven track record of successful sales history
- NMLS state licensing required
- Working knowledge of MS Office. Proficient in MS Word and Outlook
- Knowledge of agency underwriting requirements preferred
- Knowledge of secondary mortgage market preferred
- May need to travel locally to clients/referral partners homes and offices.
Why Join First Savings Mortgage?
- First Savings Mortgage is Washington DC's largest private mortgage lender
- Employee paid health, dental and vision benefits - coverage for additional family paid by Employee
- 401k eligible after first full month of employment (match available)
- Marketing support with CRM and other promotional support
- In-house Secondary department
- Quick decisions and access to decision makers on weekend and evenings
- Top performers company trip
- Leading-edge technology to get your borrowers pre-qualified with ease
- Vast array of loan products to fit every need
- Local in-house processing, underwriting and closing to make transactions seamless
- Competitive commission-based structure
About First Savings Mortgage
- Residential financing in Virginia, Maryland, Washington DC, Florida, Delaware, North Carolina, and South Carolina
- Committed to simplify the mortgage lending process for clients through service, technology and innovative programs
- Numerous loan solutions including: conventional loans, 15 and 30 year fixed, first-time homebuyer programs, FHA home loans, VA loans, Jumbo Loans, VHDA, DC Open Doors, Bridge loans, and tailor-made loans to provide your referral partners and borrowers a wide range
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee (s) in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. Duties, responsibilities and expectations may be added, deleted; or changed at any time at management's discretion and this job description does no create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an employment-at-will relationship.