The short answer is the requirements of government agencies such as Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac. Loans purchased by these entities have to fit within certain limits of total loan amount, minimum down payment, type of property, and debt-to-income ratio.
- What's the Difference Between a Lien and a Mortgage?
- What's a "Final Walk-Through" and Why Is It Important?
- Understanding the Difference Between Rates and APR
- How Much Does Closing a Mortgage Really Cost?
- 5 Tips for Furnishing Your Home the Smart Way
- What Is A Mortgage Credit Certificate?
- How To Find A Good Home In The Right School District?
- 9 Benefits of Owning a Vacation Home
- What Are Government Mortgage Loans?
- Options For Affording A Down Payment On A Home
- What Are Conventional Mortgage Loans?
- Pre-Qualification vs. Pre-Approval: What are They?
- Owning vs. Renting: The 5 Benefits of Home Ownership
- 6 Reasons Why Summer Is A Great Time To Buy A Home
- Am I Too Young To Buy A Home?
- FHA or HomeReady: Choosing the Right Loan
- Top 10 Mistakes Owners Make When Buying A Home
- What Can I Expect From The Closing Process?
- You Can Still Apply for a Home Loan Without a W2
- Steps For Buying Your First Home
- Understanding Your Closing Costs
- Do I Need A Good Credit Score To Get A Mortgage?
- What Is A Pre-Qualification?
- What the Increase in Interest Rates Means for Mortgages
- Apps and the Mortgage Process: Should I Talk to a Mortgage Lender?
- Owning a Vacation Home: Investing in Your Future
- Think a Construction Loan is Not For You? Think Again
- How to Get Your Home Ready for Spring
- What is a Real Estate Assessment and How Does It Affect Me?
- 5 Things You Need to Know About Transfer Taxes
- The Financial Do's and Don'ts of Buying a Home
- Refinancing Now Can Be a Good Investment After Tax Reforms
- 5 Reasons to Finance with a Private Mortgage Lender
- 8 Perks of Owning Versus Renting a Home
- 7 Great Types of Programs For First Time Home Buyers
- Becoming a Loan Officer: What You Need to Know
- What is a Bridge Loan and Who Should Get One?
- 5 Best Tips for Managing Your Money in 2018
- Top Tips When Shopping For a New Home
- Things you Need to Know Before you Freeze your Credit
- How Might Proposed Tax Reforms Affect Housing Markets?
- Home Preservation Tips for the Harsh Winter Months
- Store Credit Cards: What You Need to Know
- Tips for Furnishing Your First Home
- Optional or Obligation: An Explanation of Mortgage Insurance
- Five Ways To Pay Off Your Home Sooner
- 10 Reasons to Love Living in the DMV
- Do I need Flood Insurance Or am I Already Covered?
- Moving? Check Out Potential School Districts
- Recently Engaged? Here's How to Begin Budgeting as a Couple
- Alexandria's Heart - Enjoy Old Town
- The Significance of your Credit Rating
- What to Consider When Refinancing Your Home
- How to Save Up for Your First Down-Payment on a House
- Home Refinancing: What Is It and What Can It Do for You?
- Fixer-upper vs. Brand New Home - Which One is Right for You?