Title: Loan Officer Assistant
Job Location: 8444 Westpark Drive Suite 400, McLean, VA 22102
Date Posted: 2019-06-20
Employment Type: Full-Time
First Savings Mortgage Corporation (FSMC) has been serving the Washington D.C. metropolitan area since 1989. Our mission is simple: we are committed to the dream of homeownership. FSMC Loan Officers represent the most productive and experienced sales force in the mortgage industry with average annual volumes exceeding $40 million, over three times the industry average. FSMC's personalized service is backed by the most advanced technology available in the mortgage industry today. Through automation, we hope to simplify the process and reinforce our goals of precision, efficiency and privacy.
First Savings Mortgage has an immediate opening for a Loan Officer Assistant for one of our Top Producers in our Mclean office. The ideal candidate for this role is a self-starter with excellent problem solving skills and proven record of success. The duties include:
- Review loan applications for accuracy and check completeness
- Obtain and review loan documentation data to identify any potential red flags
- Order and follow up on appraisals, title, insurance requests
- Pre-qualify applications and issue preapproval letters as needed.
- Manage pipeline of loans timely and ensure smooth transaction flow
- Communicate and coordinate information with realtors, builders, settlement agents, insurance agents, clients and internal departments
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ideal Candidates:
- Current mortgage Processor, Underwriter or Assistant
- Currently employed in the banking/financial field
- Realtors looking to switch to the mortgage industry
- Position Requirements:
- Associate or Bachelor degree
- Minimum of 2-5 years of processing, underwriting, Real Estate, or Banking experience
- Self-motivated / Self-starter
- Ability to work with deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Excellent customer service and communication skills with a strong desire to deliver superior customer service
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and accurately
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Encompass experience strongly preferred
First Savings Mortgage requires our Loan Officer Assistants to get licensed through NMLS within 90 days of employment and maintain state licenses. Great earning potential! Compensation consists of base salary plus commission.
First Savings Mortgage offers a competitive benefits package including Health coverage, Dental coverage, 401K plan with employer match, life insurance and paid time off.
First Savings Mortgage is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard trace, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About First Savings Mortgage
- Residential financing in Virginia, Maryland, Washington D.C., Florida, Delaware, North Carolina, and South Carolina
- Committed to simplify the mortgage lending process for clients through service, technology and innovative programs
- Numerous loan solutions including: conventional loans, 15 and 30 year fixed, first-time homebuyer programs, FHA home loans, VA loans, Jumbo Loans, VHDA, DC Open Doors, Bridge loans, and tailor-made loans to provide your referral partners and borrowers a wide range
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee (s) in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. Duties, responsibilities and expectations may be added, deleted; or changed at any time at management's discretion and this job description does no create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an employment-at-will relationship.